Re: Dramatic upgrade (was active URLs in Gnus)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Dramatic upgrade (was active URLs in Gnus)
Date: 09 Nov 2003 20:21:50 +0100

Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>
> Well, I don't have the skills or resources to compile from source so
> I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a precompiled binary for OS X
> 10.1.5 to run under XDarwin.  Kind of complicated and rather
> limiting.  fink makes this stuff easier, I know.  Once OS X/Aqua is
> integrated into the source code it will become much easier.  Rumor
> has it this will happen in 21.4.

Wishful thinking, I suppose.  You don't need to rely on rumor: the
CVS source is publicly available.  Read the relevant docs at

<URL:http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/mac/>

Apart from the missing features mentioned in the README it might be
worth noting that Andrew Choi has just resigned as maintainer of the
Mac port on the emacs-devel list, and no successor would be in sight.