Re: Emacs newbie - Syntax Highlighting and Indentation

From: Peter S Galbraith
Subject: Re: Emacs newbie - Syntax Highlighting and Indentation
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:07:14 -0500

David Rasmussen <david.rasmussen@gmx.net> wrote:

> I've installed the Windows version of Emacs 21.3.1.
> I have read some tutorials, but I have two questions (for now):
>
> 1) How do I enable syntax highlighting by default

I'm a little disappointed (but not surprised) that everyone replying
so far says to edit the .emacs file.

The simple and user-friendly answer is to use the Options menu, enable
Syntax Highlighting and then Save Options.

I'm also encouraging new users to use the custom interface rather than
scaring them with elisp edits.

My two cents.

--
Peter S. Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net>
GPG key 1024/D2A913A1 - 97CE 866F F579 96EE  6E68 8170 35FF 799E