Update appointments when saving diary-file in GNU Emacs 21.3

From: Henrik S. Hansen
Subject: Update appointments when saving diary-file in GNU Emacs 21.3
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:05:14 +0100

How do you update the appointments (for the current day)?  I'm using the
appointment feature in the diary in GNU Emacs 21.3.

Emacs automatically updates appointments at midnight, but that is not
good enough, since I want to update the appointments list several times
a day, without using M-x appt-add (it should instead parse the diary
file).

I'd prefer to use the diary for this, and not planner mode or anything
else.  Any ideas?

--
Henrik S. Hansen     http://www.freecode.dk
Computer science (software engineering) student