Re: macintosh command-key as control key?

From: Gilbert Harman
Subject: Re: macintosh command-key as control key?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:24:43 -0500

One (long) way to do it is to add to your .emacs

(setq mac-pass-command-to-system nil)

and then use global-set-key to duplicate all your bindings for control,
as in the following example (probably from Andrew Choi):

;; Mac commands in emacs
(global-set-key [?\A-x] 'kill-region)
(global-set-key [?\A-c] 'kill-ring-save)
(global-set-key [?\A-v] 'yank)
(global-set-key [?\A-q] 'save-buffers-kill-emacs)

  Gil