Re: LaTeX-mode menu

From: Yehudah Rubinsky
Subject: Re: LaTeX-mode menu
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:15:25 -0500

Reiner Steib wrote

>I guess AUCTeX *is* your "super LaTeX-mode". See the instructions in
>the manual (info "(auctex)Top") on how to set it up.

That's what I thought as well. My .emacs contains the following.
        ;; load Auc Tex
         (require 'tex-site)
         (setq TeX-auto-save t)
         (setq TeX-parse-self t)
         (setq-default TeX-master nil)

site-lips/tex-site.el contains the following.
        (defvar TeX-lisp-directory "c:/progra~1/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/"
          "*The directory where the AUC TeX lisp files are located.")

        ;;; Autoloads:

        (add-to-list 'load-path TeX-lisp-directory)

The beginning of my load-path variable is ("c:/progra~1/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/" nil.

The following is in the *messages* buffer when loading, even without any ".tex" files.
        eval-buffer: Symbol's value as variable is void: latex-mode-hook

So the question still is what am I doing that prevents auctex from loading for LaTeX files?

Best,
Ed