Re: Q: status of EmacsNT 21.3 binaries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Q: status of EmacsNT 21.3 binaries
Date: 25 Nov 2003 08:16:11 +0200

> From: pemente@northpark.edu (Eric Pement)
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 24 Nov 2003 19:28:11 -0800
>
> I've been waiting for the GNU Emacs 21.3 binaries for WinNT to be
> released for quite some time, and the ftp sites at GNU org and the
> mirrors still do not have anything available, except the promise that
> it's coming RSN (Real Soon Now).
>
> How long does this typically require?  I'm fairly sure that it's been
> well over a month since the 21.3 tarballs for GNU Emacs were posted.
> What's the probable cause of the delay?

This isn't the proper place to post this.  The problem lies with the
gnu.org sysadmins, as the tarballs were prepared by the NTEmacs
maintainer several weeks ago, but mere mortals are not allowed to put
things on ftp.gnu.org, for fear of malicious hackers.

So I suggest you post this on bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org or write directly
to Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>.  He would then prod the gnu.org
sysadmins, I hope.