Re: Why isn't Gnus reading my mail?

From: Artur Hefczyc
Subject: Re: Why isn't Gnus reading my mail?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:00:29 +0100

Dan Anderson <dan@mathjunkies.com> writes:

>         Thanks  for your  help so  far, but  when I  tried  using your
> configuration I got told that Gnus couldn't open my dir when I cut and

Did you create mail main directory? Double check it. And if you are in
group buffer press '^'. It will move you to server buffer. Look how
your maildir backend is marked. Read *Messages* buffer after starting
gnus.

> pasted  your code  and changed  the directory.   I'm curious,  are you
> having  fetchmail  grab  your  mail  for  you  and  spooling  it  into
> /home/kobit/mail, or are  you having Gnus fetch it?  Is  there a way I
> can tell Gnus that I'm creating a directory and I want to format it as
> nnmail?

Hm, my mail system is rather complicated. I tried to solve problem with
viruses and spam which fulfeels my mail boxes every day so I use
mailfilter+fetchmail+procmail+spamassasin to get mails from POP
accounts filter it and clean put to my local machine (/var/mail/kobit)
spool.

GNUS automatically gets new mails from this location. Parameter
(get-new-mail t)
tells GNUS to do so.

If anyone is interested in filtering mail with above tools I can send
description.

Artur
--
Artur Hefczyc, Open Source Developer: