Re: C++ modes

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: C++ modes
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:13:17 +0000

David Rasmussen <david.rasmussen@gmx.net> wrote on Wed, 26 Nov 2003
01:23:50 +0100:
> Where can I read about the different C++ modes, to find out which one
> suits me most?

As far as I'm aware, there's only one C++ mode in Emacs, the one that is
part of the collection of nodes which form CC Mode.  You can invoke it
for a C++ file with M-x c++-mode.

By C++ "mode" here, I think you really mean "style", i.e. the way the
code is laid out and indented.

> I will of course do some customization if needed afterwards.

The place to find out about all these styles is the CC Mode manual, of
course!

C-h i        ; to get info
d            ; (if necessary) to get to the directory node
m CC Mode    ; to get to the CC Mode manual
m Styles     ; to get to the styles page.

Read the sub-nodes, which should tell you all you need to know.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter