Re: auto-saving in other directory

From: leo
Subject: Re: auto-saving in other directory
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:47:40 +1100

"Jesper Harder" <harder@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:m3ptfe5dbm.fsf@defun.localdomain...
> "leo" <halloleo@noospaam.myrealbox.com> writes:
>
> > for backup files (like "filename.~1~) i can easily tell emacs to
> > create them in its own subdirectory via backup-directory-alist.
> >
> > regarding auto-saving files (like "#filename#") this mechanism
> > doesn't exist.
>
> I think you should be able to do it by customizing
> `auto-save-file-name-transforms'.

well, looks interesting, but what i do not understand what that does: it
looks like it genberate names in a sub-directory ~/.emacs.d/auto-save-list
but my auto-saving files appear in the directory of the original file with a
# at the beginning and end.

or is there a difference between the _auto-save_ features and the
_auto-saving_ features?

cheers, leo