Re: Using CPerl mode with CVS Emacs

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Using CPerl mode with CVS Emacs
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:51:33 -0600

Dan Anderson <dan@mathjunkies.com> writes:

>         I needed  to get a copy  of CVS emacs to  properly read e-mail
> and send it.  So I did and it works wondefully, except it breaks CPerl
> mode.  When i type M-x cperl-mode I get the following error:
>
> ,----[ Error:
> | Invalid read syntax "?"
> `------------------------------
>
>         Does anyone know if  there's an updated CPerl-mode package for
> the CVS version of emacs, or if there is any way to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dan

Have you tried examining the cvs-emacs files for a cperl mode?  Maybe
run a diff againt the cperl you were using and the one in cvs distro
of emacs.

Try taking the old cperl out of load path.  Making the newer one be
used.  Find the cperl.el file in your cvs-emacs files and diff it
against any in your load path.

Check the sizes maybe?

ls -l <$CVS_EMACS>/lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode.el