Re: SHFS => "foo changed on disk" warning

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: SHFS => "foo changed on disk" warning
Date: 30 Nov 2003 09:26:12 +0200

> From: "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee.news@gmx.net>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:32:15 +0100
>
> BTW, I already had the idea that the problem is due to bad time stamps.
> However, when I save "foo" it gets the current time of DONALD as a time
> stamp (the client) and not that of PHI (the server). In addition the
> clock on DONALD is ahead of that on PHI. Therefore, I doubt that
> time stamps are the issue.

I doubt that it could be _anything_but_ the time stamps issue.
verify-visited-file-modtime, the function that causes this warning to
appear, looks at nothing else but on file's time stamp (assuming that
the `stat' system call doesn't fail for files on that mount point).

To find out what's going on, invoke the function visited-file-modtime
from the buffer of the offending file, and compare the result it
returns with the time stamp for that file returned by file-attributes.