Re: hooks and mail

From: Guldo K
Subject: Re: hooks and mail
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:00:18 GMT

François Fleuret <francois.fleuret@inria.fr> writes:

> There are two issues here ... How to set mail-default-reply-to's value
> and how to make hooks.
>
> To set mail-default-reply-to, I guess a simple
> (setq-default mail-default-reply-to "my.other.name@my.other.address")
> somewhere in your .emacs should do it.

This is OK, thanks.

> For the hook
>
> > (add-hook 'vm-mail-hook
> >   '(lambda()
> >     (setq mail-default-reply-to "me@host.xyz")
> >   )
> > )
>
> I guess you should remove the ' before the function definition (at
> least I dont have it in my own hook definitions).

It does not work.

In fact, what I'm trying to achieve is:
set reply-to to the active user-mail-address,
whenever I start composing a new message.
(or a reply, or a follow-up)
So that if I change user-mail-address while
vm is open, and then I compose a new message,
this new message has already a right reply-to
field in its header.

Thanks a lot,

Guldo