Re: Setting up Emacs as the default editor

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: Setting up Emacs as the default editor
Date: 01 Dec 2003 09:50:32 +0100

    Dan>         So I decided to try it out with crontab.  I typed crontab -e
    Dan> and wrote a new crontab, typed C-x C-s, and C-x C-c.  The file was
    Dan> saved, but my crontab remained empty.  Is this an issue with the way
    Dan> that emacs is set up on my system, or is it a crontab issue?

don't think it's an emacs problem. This works fine for me, though I use
gnuclient instead of emacs as EDITOR.

BTW I wouldn't recommend setting EDITOR to emacs. You might want to use
emacsclient or gnuclient (extra package) instead.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
The goal of Computer Science is to build something that
will last at least until we've finished building it.