Re: is the ls-lisp package switched on or off?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: is the ls-lisp package switched on or off?
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:36:50 GMT

> Every ELisp package has a line near its end saying this:

>   (provide 'package-name)

> This is so you could make a test of whether the package has been
> loaded into Emacs, like this:

>   (featurep 'package-name)

The package might be loaded for all kinds of reasons and it does not mean
the corresponding code is activated.

> This expression returns t if the package was loaded, nil otherwise.
> So in your case,

>   (featurep 'ls-lisp)

I think he wants the value of ls-lisp-use-insert-directory-program
as well.  BTW, the logic should be reversed: it should be insert-directory
that gets customized to either use `ls' or `ls-lisp'.

        Stefan