Re: changing menu fonts

From: Micha Feigin
Subject: Re: changing menu fonts
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:46:10 +0200

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 07:56:42AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:51:34 +0200
> > From: Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il>
> >
> > In that case, how would I go about changing the menu font of stable
> > emacs
>
> I don't really know (it depends on the toolkit that your Emacs was
> built), but if you think that changing the font will solve your
> problem with Hebrew spell-checking, I think you are mistaken.  This is
> a multi-lingual issue, not a font issue.  That's why I still suggest
> to write to emacs-pretest-bug or emacs-devel.

It actually solved the issue. I changed the order of the font entries in
XF86Config and for the truetype dir on top instead of type1. I now get
hebrew letters for the flyspell menu and a nicer font for the regular
menus.
The two problems I have is that the hebrew characters are reversed in
the popup menu (that was expected and its probably more of a wishlist
then a bug at the moment) and the other problem is that the font is a
bit too big for my taste and that has nothing to do with hebrew.
The toolkit used is the default one (I didn't add any options) so I
don't know which one that is (anyone).