Chinese punctuation mark in emacs questions.

From: Jimmy Zou
Subject: Chinese punctuation mark in emacs questions.
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:27:13 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

I am using emacs 20.7 release. and I was trying to
input Chinese in it.

chinese-py-punct of mule works fine, however, if
people pay more attentions to the punctuation mark, we
could see the chinese period is a circle like:
“。”, (to see the mark just set your coding as
Chinese GB)while the western period is just a simple
doc: ".".

however, the emacs could display the chinese period,
if I cut and paste it from somewhere else.

any one has some idea about this problem? should I
download certain patch for punctuation mark like the
fonts patch?

any suggestion or expereience on this will be highly
appreciated.

many thanks for taking your time on this message.

sincerely,

Jimmy