Re: Change default behavior of completion-ignored-extensions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Change default behavior of completion-ignored-extensions
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:38:10 +0200

> From: Andrew Korty <ajk@iu.edu>
> Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:43:44 -0500
>
> Right you are -- I oversimplified the example.  I should have mentioned
> ~/foo/ also has a CVS/ subdirectory.  So I get a "Completion List"
> containing ./, ../, CVS/, and bar/.  I want CVS/ to be ignored like
> ./ and ../ normally are.

You still didn't tell what is your Emacs version :-(

I'm guessing it's 21.2 or some such, since that version (and all older
versions) had a bug in handling entries like "foo/" (meaning ignore
the directory `foo') in completion-ignored-extensions: they wouldn't
ignore these directories.  You will see that "CVS/" is already in
completion-ignored-extensions.

This bug is fixed in the CVS, so a future version will be free of it.