Re: More Tramp/OSX fun

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: More Tramp/OSX fun
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:25:41 +0000

Edward Dodge <someone@g3.com> writes:

> Special thanks to Mr. Calhoun for mentioning some code in his problem
> that got me going quickly with tramp:
>
>         (require 'tramp)
>         (setq tramp-default-method "ftp")
>
> Everything works fine with the initial command:
>
>       C-x C-f /user@ftp.somewhere.com:index.htm
>
> I get a password prompt,  type it in,  and I should be editing
> index.htm.  But then something else happens,  I continue to get more
> password prompts for "#!user."

Do you have a *tramp/foo* buffer?  (You shouldn't.)
Do you have a *debug tramp/foo* buffer?  (You shouldn't.)
Do you have a *ftp foo* buffer?  (You should.)

If you answered yes to one of the first two, then that's a bug in
Tramp.

Else it's a bug in Ange-FTP.  Not that this helps you much...

Hm.  It might be interesting to see the *ftp foo* buffer, to see how
it goes wrong...  Please censor the passwords...

Kai