Re: Plain TeX mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Plain TeX mode
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:05:29 GMT

>> Change the font-lock-keywords patterns.
>> It's not very convenient, tho.
> Can I get a hint on how to do that?

In latex-mode, do C-h v font-lock-keywords RET to find the current value.
Then in your .emacs do

   (add-hook 'latex-mode-hook 'my-latex-mode-hook)
   (defun my-latex-mode-hook ()
     ;; (font-lock-mode 1)
     (setq font-lock-keywords <the-changed-value>))

I commented out the call to font-lock-mode because I'm not sure whether
it's harmful or necessary.
Now as to how to come up with a new value, you'll have to look through
the regexps and replace the ones that say "\\\\[a-z]" or some such to
also include the chars whose catcode you've set to 11.

> therefore cannot be a part of a macro name. But by saying
>   \catcode`æ=11
> I change the category code of æ and henceforth I am able to use æ in a

Oh, I see, so it's not part of what the `inputenc' package does.

        Stefan