Re: emacs vs vs.net

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: emacs vs vs.net
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:44:56 +0000

Vagn Johansen <gonz808@hotmail.com> writes:

> I tried nnir.el/swish but that is very primitive. Even Outlook
> Express is a lot better. (In fairness: swish *does* create an index,
> so it very fast).

Please help making nnir.el better!  I had this weird idea and then I
tried it to see whether it would work, and that's about where nnir.el
stopped its evolution.

Then people came and offered lots of nifty extensions for supporting
other search engines.

And now you have all those extensions resting on a weak foundation.

I wish I had the time to improve the foundation, but I don't.  I wish
somebody would help strengthen the foundation.  Some day I might get a
round tuit...

Kai