automatically add newlines

From: colin smith
Subject: automatically add newlines
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 18:14:12 GMT

Hi Everyone,

     Thanks for your help with the capitalization question I posted
previously.
     This question pertains to adding newlines.

     I am using a frame configuration of :

    (setq initial-frame-alist
        '((width . 123) (height . 43)
         (cursor-type . bar)
         (cursor-color . "black")))

    For the present project I am working on I need to keep all lines to a
fixed length of 75 columns.
    Is there a way to enable emacs to automatically add newlines when I type
out of   the 75 column bound.
   I need a way to do this without changing my frame configuration. The
reason for this is that with this configuration(and font size I am using),
the emacs
frame occupies the whole of my computer screen, which is what somebody would
usually want.

Thanks in advance,
Colin.