Re: one file per frame -- customization possible?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: one file per frame -- customization possible?
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 01:52:09 GMT

>> > I've often had Emacs sessions with about a hundred frames.
>> Whoa!  I can't imagine that.  How do you keep them straight?

Let's see:
3 - 4 workspaces, so you get about 30 to 40 frames per workspace.
1800x1440 lets you use some of the real estate for an "icon manager"
that lists (with no icon but with text) those on one side of the
screen while still leaving a lot of space to work with.

Of course, now that I sometimes work on a puny 1024x768 laptop
where the vertical resolution is not even sufficient to list those
40 frames, I work differently.

        Stefan