Re: Bug report and sendmail

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Bug report and sendmail
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 20:40:14 -0600

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

> Tim McNamara wrote:
>
>> Here is my existing configuration:
>> From my .emacs:
>
>> (require 'smtpmail)
>> (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)         ; for `mail'
>> (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it) ; for `message'
>> (setq smtpmail-smtp-server "mail.bitstream.net")
>
> That should be smtpmail-default-smtp-server.

Ah!  That makes sense, being that it *is* my default mail server.  Is
there a reason to do so other than logical consistency?

>> (setq smtpmail-local-domain nil)
>
> Hmmm, why not "bitstream.net"?

The truthful answer?  Because I don't yet really know what I'm doing
with the .emacs and .gnus files.  So, if I understand correctly, this
could be (setq smtpmail-local-domain "bitstream.net")?  What would be
the advantage?

>>   (setq smtpmail-queue-mail nil)
>>   (setq smtpmail-debug-info nil)
>
> Since you're trying to debug a problem, why not t?

Hmmm, I don't know.  I probably pasted this out of a reply to an
earlier query.

Thanks!