Re: Ever notice SPEEDBAR misses a few files like ones that start with pe

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: Ever notice SPEEDBAR misses a few files like ones that start with period?
Date: 10 Dec 2003 10:02:49 -0500

>>> Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> seems to think that:
>Fredrik Arnerup <e97_far@e.kth.se> writes:
>
>> seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:
>>
>>> I've noticed some files are missing from SPEEDBAR directory list.
>>>
>>> Some files that start with period are missing.
>>
>> That is the normal behaviour in Unix. Files that start with a period
>> are hidden by default when you list the contents of a directory.
>
>Is there a SpeedBar equivalent of ls -a?

Speedbar uses the built in command `directory-files'.
It pushes the output through `speedbar-file-unshown-regexp'
and `speedbar-directory-unshown-regexp'.  If you mess about with these
variables you can get it to display anything you want.

The "show all files" menu entry toggles the display of files which
should not be 'unshown' but do not have a means of being tagged.

Eric

--
Eric Ludlam             "Photonic Doodler"    The MathWorks x 7556
eludlam@mathworks.com         (work)        http://www.mathworks.com