Re: Latin-9: Font Problem with ps-print and German Umlauts

From: Harald Maier
Subject: Re: Latin-9: Font Problem with ps-print and German Umlauts
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:05:21 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@elta.co.il> writes:

>> From: Harald Maier <harald@maierh.de>
>> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
>> Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:23:37 +0100
>>
>> I switch to Latin-9 (de_DE@euro) an all works fine except postscript
>> printing. If I print a buffer with german umlauts emacs complaints
>> that the 'Font for some characters not found'. How can I solve this
>> problem? The problem happens with both emacs-21.3 and emacs-21.3.50.
>
> See the variable ps-mule-font-info-database-default: you need to
> customize it so that it supports Latin-9, in a way similar to what
> ps-mule-font-info-database-latin does for Latin-1.  The doc string of
> ps-mule-font-info-database should explain the data structure of these
> variables.
>
> (All the variables I mentioned are defined and used on ps-mule.el,
> which see.)

Thanks Eli,

I have changed the variable ps-mule-font-info-database-default to

,----
| ((latin-iso8859-15              ; new entry
|  (normal nil nil iso-latin-9))  ; new entry
|  (latin-iso8859-1
|  (normal nil nil iso-latin-1)))
`----

The German umlauts now print very fine, except the Euro sign. The Euro
sign still prints on paper as circle with edges (ยค). In emacs
displaying of the Euro sign is fine. If anybody knows how to change
that I would appreciate it.

Harald