Re: How to create random characters?

From: Joakim Hove
Subject: Re: How to create random characters?
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:07:18 +0100

Slightly off-topic,

but what does the "?" in the expression below do?

> Characters are just small integers, so evaluating the following
> expression for each of the 3 characters:
>
>    (+ ?a (random (- ?z ?a)))

(I can guess - but without any previous experience from lisp I am a
 bit lost with the special character like "@", "#", "`" and "?" which
 some elisp code is filled with. Any tips of where to find these
 documented would be appreciated.)

Joakim

 / Joakim Hove  / hove@bccs.no  /  (55 5) 84076       |                 \
 | Unifob AS, Avdeling for Beregningsvitenskap (BCCS) | Stabburveien 18 |
 | CMU                                                | 5231 Paradis    |
 \ Thormøhlensgt.55, 5020 Bergen.                     | 55 91 28 18     /