Re: Editing a file as root

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: Editing a file as root
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:15:23 +0100

gebser@speakeasy.net writes:

> Did you try logging into the server as root from the command line...
> i.e., without using tramp?

mmh , i am not sure to clearly understand the question.

I can actually log in as root, or su/sudoing from within my user account
(outside emacs) without any problem.

As a test i just tried the same commands from within eshell : i seems that
sudo works flawlessly, but i found that i lost the prompt when suing.
That made me think it also hangs, but in fact eshell keeps responsive with
su, it just stops displaying the prompt. It comes back after an exit to the
normal user.

Sébastien Kirche