Re: Indent and CSS

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Indent and CSS
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:36:30 +0000

digits <digits@gentoo.se> writes:

> I'm all fresh on Emacs, I have now tried to get Emacs to intent in CSS
> files all day and I can't get it to work.

Did you look for a css Emacs mode?  www.emacswiki.org might be a good
starting point, as might be the Emacs Lisp List.

> This is what I want:
> body {
> <tab>font-size: 10px;
> }
>
> h1 {
> <tab>font-weight: bold;
> }

If you have a css mode, then you need to tell it to use an indentation
step of N and you also need to set tab-width to the same N.  (Usually,
the indentation step is 2 or 4 but tab-width is 8 by default.)  And
you need to set indent-tabs-mode to t, but that's the default.

> I know that I can get return-and-indent with C-j, but I would like to
> have it bound to RET when on a line with { as last char.

Isn't it enough to always have RET do like C-j?  Why do you want RET
to behave differently if the last char is something else?

(require 'css-mode)
(define-key css-mode-map (kbd "RET") 'newline-and-indent)

Maybe you need to change css-mode and css-mode-map, depending on the
actual css mode that you are using.

Kai