Re: Indent and CSS

From: Adam Hardy
Subject: Re: Indent and CSS
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:28:46 +0100

On 12/17/2003 09:36 PM Kai Grossjohann wrote:
digits <digits@gentoo.se> writes:

I'm all fresh on Emacs, I have now tried to get Emacs to intent in CSS
files all day and I can't get it to work.

Did you look for a css Emacs mode?  www.emacswiki.org might be a good
starting point, as might be the Emacs Lisp List.

This is what I want:
body {
<tab>font-size: 10px;
}

h1 {
<tab>font-weight: bold;
}

If you have a css mode, then you need to tell it to use an indentation
step of N and you also need to set tab-width to the same N.  (Usually,
the indentation step is 2 or 4 but tab-width is 8 by default.)  And
you need to set indent-tabs-mode to t, but that's the default.

I know that I can get return-and-indent with C-j, but I would like to
have it bound to RET when on a line with { as last char.

Isn't it enough to always have RET do like C-j?  Why do you want RET
to behave differently if the last char is something else?

(require 'css-mode)
(define-key css-mode-map (kbd "RET") 'newline-and-indent)

Maybe you need to change css-mode and css-mode-map, depending on the
actual css mode that you are using.

one css mode:

http://camalott.com/~jtpolk/emacs.html

--