hooking jode to emacs

From: kgold
Subject: hooking jode to emacs
Date: 19 Dec 2003 21:49:15 GMT

I'd like to use jode to decompile when editing a class file.  I found
the below elisp.  However jode is a bit too smart, and adds .class
to the end of it's argument.  So it tries to look for

        filename.class.class

I need to pass the file name without the extension.  It seems like
file-name-sans-extension is what I want, but I just don't know the
syntax.  Could someone modify this elisp to do that?

; Use this once jad is downloaded
(defvar class-file-decompile-command "jode "
  "The shell command run by `decompile-class-file'.")

(defun decompile-class-file (&optional file)
   "Run `class-file-decompile-command' on FILE, but only if it's a .class file.
 If FILE is nil, run it on `buffer-file-name'."
   (interactive "fFile: ")
   (or file (setq file buffer-file-name))
   (and (equal (file-name-extension file) "class")
        (shell-command (concat class-file-decompile-command " " file))))

(add-hook 'find-file-hooks 'decompile-class-file)