Emacs and auctex, spell checking

From: Jens Prüfer
Subject: Emacs and auctex, spell checking
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 03:50:47 +0100

Hello yet again,

Eamcs 21.3.1 + auctex 11.13-2 are using ispell to check for correct
spelling. However, I am writing german using plain "Umlaut" characters.
Whenever I call "spell", ispell stops at all accented chars taking it for
the end of word delimiter. So the word "Hyäne" gets checked as "Hy" and
"ne", which both make no sense. I know how to call ispell from the bash
using

ispell -tC -w "äöüßÄÖÜ"

but how do I teach Emacs about that? Are there better ways for 8 bit char
awareness of ispell?

Cheers

Jens

--
Please do not send any mail to the address given above, it will be ignored.
Use jens DOT pruefer AT gmx DOT <TLD for Germany> instead.