Re: emacs cvs over ssh question

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: emacs cvs over ssh question
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:10:37 -0700

M. Serkan Apaydin wrote:

Kai Grossjohann wrote:
Try to add /usr/local/bin to exec-path, not load-path.  (load-path is
for *.el and *.elc files, that is Lisp files.)

Or make sure that /usr/local/bin is listed in $PATH at the time when
you start Emacs.  (If you start Emacs from a button in the KDE panel,
then it can be difficult to find out whether the directory is in
$PATH, and if it isn't, how to put it there.  I never could figure
that out.)

Thanks, but that does not seem to work. Changing .emacs file does not change the propensity of emacs to look for ssh-askpass in /usr/bin, and my path lists both /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin before running emacs (although /usr/bin comes first).

That's because the /usr/bin/ssh-askpass path has been hard-coded somewhere,

either an executable or an Emacs Lisp file.

--
Kevin Rodgers