Re: help: adapting your library to new M-x compile

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: help: adapting your library to new M-x compile
Date: 24 Dec 2003 21:01:45 -0800

Daniel> - textmodes/tex-mode.el:

Daniel> Parsing classical TeX output is impossible to get right.  Make
Daniel> TeX use -file-line-error-style or -c-style-errors with normal
Daniel> compile.  Making this work together with comint for interaction
Daniel> is under study, and will be handled by my library.

Just making sure I understand what you're proposing here - have an elisp
wrapper program watch the output of real TeX and filter it then output
error messages in cc format to the compilation buffer?

But if the wrapper can understand TeX's output, why not compile.el itself?

--
Nothing can be explained to a stone.
Or to a stoned person, either.