Re: disable "smart quotes" in latex-mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: disable "smart quotes" in latex-mode
Date: 06 Jan 2004 02:09:06 +0100

Copy by mail and by news since, uh, this question is a bit dated.

Joerg Schuster <js@cis.uni-muenchen.de> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > what versions of AUCTeX
>
> 11.11

Old, so it probably does not know ngerman as package or babel option.

> > Emacs
>
> GNU Emacs 21.2.2

21.3 is out for a long time now and is just bug fixes to 21.2.  Not
that I think that related to your current problem.

> > whether you have enabled document parsing I don't know. The only
> lines in my .emacs file that might be relevant to this question are:
>
> (setq TeX-parse-self t)
> (setq-default TeX-master nil)
>
> (I got them from the system administrator.)

Looks right.  Then after loading a file, and at the very latest after
pressing C-c C-n, you should have " working normally in case you have
the `german' option specified somewhere.

And with AUCTeX 11.14 or later, the ngerman option should work as
well (I don't know exactly with which version it started working).