JDE/ECB super slow and I don't know what I'm doing... :-(

From: C. Armour
Subject: JDE/ECB super slow and I don't know what I'm doing... :-(
Date: 06 Jan 2004 20:28:57 -0500

Hi EmacsLand,

Please advise.  I recently installed and started using the ECB and
JDE packages.  They're very nice and all that but are they ever

Obviously, this is unacceptable.  I can't wait two seconds between
hitting a key and seeing the result on the screen.

How could a person track down what is causing the CPU to spike
every time I make a minor edit?  When I find out what it is,
then I can disable it.

Not gettin' much work done, I remain,

cda