Re: emacs, cygwin, and revert-buffer

From: Greg Fenton
Subject: Re: emacs, cygwin, and revert-buffer
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:05:29 -0500

Swenson, Eric wrote:

I tried the -nox version (emacs-nox) of emacs (21.2) that comes with cygwin,
and had the same problem.  So I suspect the problem will turn out to be a
cygwin problem.   Still, I've seen no mention of others encountering a
revert-buffer problem and nothing obvious in cygwin discussions.  -- Eric

FYI, I run into various problems when using Cygwin's rxvt (not under X) as my shell window (as opposed to just running BASH inside of a "DOS" console). Sometimes I can clear up the problem by forcing a refresh of the window (minimize and restore or push to the back of another window or press Ctrl-L), but quite often I have to kill the window and open a new one.

One of these days I'll whip up a bug report...

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions