Re: how to insert a timestamp?

From: '
Subject: Re: how to insert a timestamp?
Date: 7 Jan 2004 23:43:24 -0800

Thanks for your help!  I had never actually written an Emacs Lisp
function before, but with this handy link:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-lisp-intro/html_node/index.html

I was able to quickly produce the following:

(defun timestamp ()
  "Insert timestamp at point."
  (interactive)
  (insert (format-time-string "%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S %z")))

(global-set-key [f5] 'timestamp)

I love it!  Emacs rocks!

Adam