Re: seting default values

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: seting default values
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:02:45 -0600

wsgr12@yahoo.com (wsgr12) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know what to write in .emacs in order to
>
> 1. set the default font to be terminal

What do you mean by this?  To launch eshell on startup?

> 2. change the default screen size

The size and location of the first screen you see is determined by
something other than Emacs.  How this is set depends on what OS you
are using.

> 3. change the tab size

Try the Options menu, the Customize Emacs item.  When you save the
changes you make, your .emacs is already updated.  You can change a
*lot* of stuff without ever manually editing your .emacs.