Re: LaTeX reformat

From: LEE Sau Dan
Subject: Re: LaTeX reformat
Date: 10 Jan 2004 23:36:52 +0100

    >> I am sorry for that mistake. I think I will have to buy or
    >> print out the "GNU Emacs Manual" somewhen since I don't like to
    >> read on the screen if I can have a hardcopy.

    Paolo> You should buy it: it's a must, it's really useful, it's
    Paolo> just 45 bucks and it helps free software...

45 bucks is not cheap.

    Paolo> Moreover, it's around 600 pages,

So, it's environmentally unfriendly.

If  you want  to  help FSF,  donate  the money  without  asking for  a
hardcopy.  That helps the environment in addition.

Isn't the manual available in Info form?  I find Info files to be very
pleasant  to read  on  screen.  I  just  need to  sit  back and  press
<space>.   (Try using  white  text on  a  black background!   Computer
displays aren't  paper.  Pretending that the computer  screen is paper
is stupid.   Black on white  on the light-emiting screen  is nonsense.
(Bold-black on white is a  bit better, though.)  A white background is
simply tiring to read.  Before you ask, try "emacs -rv".)

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦(Big5)                    ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de