calc-embedded-activate

From: Roger Mason
Subject: calc-embedded-activate
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:03:26 -0330

Hello,

I wish to use calc-embedded in a LaTeX document.  Having read through
the calc-2.02f manual I see that it should be possible to activate all formulae
in a buffer using `M-# a'.  I have the following simple test document:

\documentclass(article)

\begin(document)

%Embed
% $f := 2$
% $g := 2$
% $foo := 5$
% $f + g => $

\end{document}

The key combination `C-u 1 M-# a' leads to the following
backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
  calc-do-embedded-activate(1 nil)
  calc-embedded-activate(1)
  call-interactively(calc-embedded-activate)
  calc-do-dispatch(1)
  calc-dispatch(1)
* call-interactively(calc-dispatch)

The key combination `C-u -1 M-# a' works correctly, but `M-# a', with
or without any other prefix fails with an error similar to the above.

I am trying to learn lisp, but my skill are not yet sufficient to
debug a complicated set of routines like calc.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger Mason

P.S. I'm using emacs 21.1 on a linux box and I applied all the patches
specified in the PROBLEMS file before compiling and installing
calc-2.02f.  The tests in calc-2.02f INSTALL ran without any problem.