Re: calc-embedded-activate

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: calc-embedded-activate
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:27:31 -0600

Roger Mason <rmason@esd.mun.ca> writes:
> I discovered later that terminating the %Embed % $...$  group with
> another %Embed cures the problem.

Not here; but then we are using different versions of calc.

Another way to fix the problem without messing with the source is to
put an extra space after the "=> ".  Right now, with
% $f + g => $
after calc finds the "=> ", it is looking at the "$", which causes the
problems.  So there shouldn't be (and aren't here) problems if you
used
% $f + g =>  $

> Having got `M-# a' to work, albeit by trial and error, I have been
> trying to update all the fomulae in the buffer using `C-u 1 M-# u'.
> This command fails silently: nothing happens and there is no error
> signalled.  `M-u' works as described in the manual, so I assume the
> bug (if it is a bug and not my stupidity) is in the code that steps
> through the buffer finding active formulae.

I would guess that the terminal %Embed somehow convinces calc to skip
activating that formula.  But I can't say for sure.

> I presume the best way to proceed is to improve my aquaintance with
> the lisp debugger, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful
> to receive them.

It looks like someone should file a bug report; I'll do it if you
don't want to.

Jay