Re: emacs -nw and accented characters

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs -nw and accented characters
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:54:38 GMT

>> Try setting the terminal coding system (C-x RET t) to something
>> sensible.

> The coding system is iso-latin-1-unix.

Based on the rest of the messages you posted, I assume you did not
understand the menaing of "terminal coding system" and asumed there's only
one coding system active at any one time, rather than one for saving files,
one for reading files, one for displaying chars, one for reading chars from
the keyboard, ...

So I suggest you try again C-x RET t latin-1 RET

This will probably mess up the output in xterm, but should fix it in aterm.

        Stefan