Re: Indentation in C

From: Vivek Dasmohapatra
Subject: Re: Indentation in C
Date: 22 Jan 2004 11:21:10 +0000

vsinha@purdue.edu (Varun Sinha) writes:

> I was wondering how I could get the following done in EMACS-
> 1) When I hit tab to indent, I'd like the tab to be made up of spaces.

  M-x customize-variable RET indent-tabs-mode RET

Set it to off (nil).

> 2) Right now, the curly braces are indented two spaces below the

You can alter the indentation style by calling c-set-style

  M-x c-set-style RET

You will can tab complete the available styles - BSD style is
sounds close to what you want.

You can control the amount of indentation by setting c-basic-offset

M-x customize-variable RET c-basic-offset RET

and setting it to 4.

You can find a much more detailed example in

  http://rtfm.etla.org/emacs/dot.html

look for "(defvar viveks-c-style" and "(setq c-mode-common-hook"