Re: zone-mode

From: Lars Bungum
Subject: Re: zone-mode
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:16:35 +0100

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 22:46, rydis@CD.Chalmers.SE wrote:
> Lars Bungum <lars@bungum.no> writes:
> > My zone-files don't have a particular extension, though, so my next
> > challenge would be to get hold of some lines for my .emacs that would
> > open zone-mode for all files opened in my zone-file directory.  How can
> > I do this?
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist (cons "\\`/etc/namedb/Z/" 'zone-mode))
> (I keep my zone-files in /etc/namedb/Z/.)

Thanks!

It just struck me that it would be very useful for me if the zone-mode
would give some sort of notice if it tried to bump the serial, but
failed to find one in the file.  Just a little status warning at the
bottom at the bottom of the screen or something.  Would it be easy to
append something like that to the zone-mode.el file (or otherwise)?

--lars