Nifty C++ features

From: David Rasmussen
Subject: Nifty C++ features
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:51:38 +0100

How do I get emacs to open the file that a variable, function or class is defined in, given that it is in the current directory?

Example:

int main()
{
  Position pos;
  cout << pos << endl;

  Moves mvs;
  generateMoves(pos,mvs);
  for (int i = 0; i < mvs.size(); ++i)
    cout << mvs[i] << " ";
}

I want to be able to place the cursor anywhere in the "generateMoves" string, and press some keys, and then emacs should open, in a new buffer, the file where generateMoves is defined.

/David