Re: Aspell and Emacs

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Aspell and Emacs
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:35:49 -0600

"Chris Swoyer" <fswoyer@cox.net> writes:

> Thanks, Emacs needs to know where the aspell program is, and when I
> installed it I don't seem to have ended up with an application named
> aspell. So I need to get something in a workable path and then tell
> Emacs what the path is.

Have you tried "which" in Terminal for ispell, aspell and
cocoaspell?  ALso, the cocoAspell home page appears to suggest that
the application installs in ~/Library/Services or /Library/Services.
You could check there.

You should also be able to install the normal aspell and call it from
Emacs of any variety, Aqua or X11.