Re: Unable to Build Emacs in latest 10.3 "powerpc-apple-darwin7.2.0"

From: Emory Smith
Subject: Re: Unable to Build Emacs in latest 10.3 "powerpc-apple-darwin7.2.0"
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:35:56 -0700

i use fink's emacs. you wont get the very latest, but i think its well worth it for the ease of installation/update.

if you have fink, just type "fink install emacs21" at the prompt.

if you dont have fink, heres what to do:

1. make sure you have apples x11 installed (from apple dev tools)
2. download and install fink binary (http://fink.sourceforge.net/download/index.php)
3. in the terminal, type "fink install emacs21"

this will give you emacs 21.2 (note that you can get 21.3 from the 'unstable' tree, but i dont recommend it, as ive had some problems with it on panther). if you want bells and whistles, browse the packages at http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/index.php

if you run into problems, try
http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/bundled/install.php
http://homepage.mac.com/sao1/fink/
(or feel free to email me)

(by the way, emacs 21.4 is expected to be fully os x compatible (ie w/o fink) but we must be patient.)