want the old-style X interface back

From: address@hidden
Subject: want the old-style X interface back
Date: 10 Feb 2004 02:07:00 -0800

Hi,

I'd like to revert back to the old, pseudo-graphical interface of
emacs. That one playing ascii-graphics and using window-manager
features for the drop-down menus. I am limited in bandwidth and can't
use the full-windowized and -iconized design of the latest emacs. No,
I don't want to use the -nw switch since it provides not-at-all equal
functionality, especially at mouse usage.

Is it possible to adjust this, or do I need to switch back to an elder
version of emacs?

MfG  rutzi