using id-utils/mkid/gid with C++ instead of C

From: Brian Auld
Subject: using id-utils/mkid/gid with C++ instead of C
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:35:03 -0700

Hi,

I've been a satisfied id-utils user for the past year. I was recently confronted with C++ code and appear to be running into problems. For example:

1st file: class.h:
--------------------
class class_A{
   func_A();
};

2nd file: lib.cpp
--------------------
class_A::func_A(){
}

3rd file main.cpp
main(){
   class_A::func_A();
}

When I run mkid/gid on the function: func_A, the only hit I get is the member function declaration in the 1st file. Am I missing something here. Is there a trick to get 'gid' to work better with C++ code? I checked man pages and the email archives, but wasn't able to come up with anything helpful. When I run 'gid' on func_A, I'd like to get hits for all 3 file occurences above.

Thanks,
Brian