Re: power-reader-mode

From: Fabian Braennstroem
Subject: Re: power-reader-mode
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:43:48 +0100

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

> Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
>
>> as a Emacs-User I have to read a lot and now using Gnus even more :-)
>> Does a package exist which can work as a 'power-reader'? I.e. when I mark a
>> region and start the power-reader-mode, a small buffer opens, in which the
>> words are printed one after another (maybe two or three).
>
> M-| cat RET
That's is a nice new function for me, but I did not mean that. I meant with one
after another, that only one word is displayed in the buffer, then, after a
certain timestep, the next word is displayed.
I found a website, which can explain it better

There, the explanation about the flash-training gives that:
"The RocketReader flash-training exercises use a unique computer-display
 flash technique that forces your eyes to read sentences in a very small
 period of time with very few fixations. A word or a sentence is flashed
 onto the screen for a fraction of a second (as quickly as 15 thousandth
 of one second). You must then correctly read the flashed word or sentence. ..."

Greetings!
--
Fabian Braennstroem
Duesseldorf/Berlin